April 16, 2010

Evolution

Before I get to more pictures, I’ll share some of my thoughts. Staring at newborn babies can make people reevaluate life. I’ve had some deep and interesting thoughts over the last day and a half as well. I'm looking at my 3 girls and taking inventory - 10 fingers, 10 toes, nose, ears, mouth, eyes...all good news. Then I start thinking, this doesn't seem fair. I basically just invested in 3 brand new 2010 model humans. Lots of my friends have had kids for many years now and have "older models". Shouldn't my new kids have more features than their kids? My kids are newer! Their kids were made years ago! If I buy a 2010 car, it's got ipod connectivity, navigation systems, bluetooth etc. while cars from 10 years ago have crappy cassette players. What if my 2010 babies had hdmi cables so I could plug them into my HD TV and see/hear what they were thinking? I think that would be an incredibly helpful feature our Creator could have included in newer models. I could go on, but I think you all got the point. I am pretty sure there is a terrible movie premise in there somewhere.

I mean, when you think about it, us humans have had the same basic features for thousands of years now. We may be a little taller these days, but I don't think those few extra inches would really be the difference maker between life and death when attacked by a grizzly bear. And that begs the question, if we human's haven't evolved to incorporate any new and useful features over the course of the last 6 to 7 thousand years, what's the use of evolution? Given our evolution rate, we have no chance of producing off-spring with gills if Al Gore is right and the polar icecaps melt. This is all starting to make me think that Kevin Costner is full of crap. That Waterworld movie is so unrealistic! So there you go....a little insight into what goes through my head as I’m watching my precious babies lie in incubators during their first day in this world. Please don't call child services.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures! Especially the last one.. two new happy parents... kinda like a deer wide eyed and caught in the headlights! ha ha! Just kidding! They are beautiful. We're so happy for the 5 of you. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you. I spoke to Joan last night and she filled me in on the happs. I am going to have dinners for y'all next week once Sariah is out of the hospital. Please let me know if she's discharged on Monday or not. Happy days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunbathing babies are beautiful! Congratulations to all FIVE of you.

    ReplyDelete